Friday, March 27, 2009

Full college experience

I know a lot of people say that you won't get the full experience of college unless you live on campus. I have commuted to Bridgewater State for all of my three years here, and although I have gained the knowledge that I wished to gain, sometimes I feel like I could have benefited more socially if I lived on campus. However, if I did lived on campus I don't know that I would have been able to focus like I can living at home and being away from the temptation of going out all of the time. The distractions in a college setting are numerous and unavoidable, so it is often difficult for young adults to focus on their schoolwork. There are so many other obligations, involving friends, work and family that the stress of balancing it all can become overwhelming. Maybe this is why college is becoming such a neccessity for people; so that they can learn to balance their obligations in life, without going crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I did my first two years of Penn State at home...but was on campus so much that it SEEMED like I lived there. Then I had an exchange program in England and lived on campus and was distracted by everything. Finally I lived with friends in off-campus housing. The worst!

    NotesS: no comma - without going crazy.

    ReplyDelete