Thursday, February 26, 2009

Work and College

Like most college students these days, I have to work while I am in school. This can become an extremely difficult thing to do, comsuming time and energy and taking away from study time. Luckily, I do not have to pay for school, so I lucked out in that sense, but taking care of bills and even basic living expenses becomes difficult and demanding. When I took my introduction class for Elementary Ed. I was told that I probably would not be able to have a job at all for the four months that I will be in "the block" because I have to be available from eight to five monday through friday and it's overwhelming! This is sneaking up on me for September already, and I do not know how I am going to do that when I am barely scraping by now! It is just discouraging because we are in school so that we can ultimately make more money, but we struggle to stay afloat for the time being.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to how you feel. It is very challenging to go to school and work full time. it is crazy that you cant work for 4 months, I sure you will get by and remember it wont last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age old problem! You are so lucky to not have to pay for school. though, as you said!

    Notes:

    entary Ed. I was to Comma

    to do that when THAT - be careful with pronouns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,
    I feel the same way! I am so worried about the block as mine is also coming up in September. Maybe we'll be in the same one! Did they really say 8:00 - 5:00? I thought that it was only untill 2:00 or 3:00, looks like I won't be able to work either.

    ReplyDelete